Saturday, July 2, 2011

Norway


After a long plane ride we arrived tired and hungry in Oslo around 3pm local time. We had to drive about 45 minutes to the center, where some of our family lives. There we were greeted by other relatives, some who I have never met before, and lompe (tortilla looking, potato wraps which are normally eaten with hot dogs).
After our late lunch we were driven to Moss, a city about an hour away from Oslo. In Moss we have our exchange house. The first thing I noticed about the house was the trampoline. My cousins and I are always jumping on it. And I really want one now.

Today we walked for about an hour along the water to a local museum. As we walked along the long path we also passed wheat fields.



The museum was small, but charming still. There was one piece that I thought was weird though. One artist made a movie of an animated dog talking but I couldn't pick up what it was saying even though it was in English.  There were a bunch of mirrors surrounding it and I just couldn't figure it out. You have to wonder sometimes what artists are thinking when they produce their art.
After we saw what there was to see in the museum, we had lunch at the restaurant. We ate shrimp sandwiches and passion fruit, which I'm sure was not local.
We took a bus into the center or Moss to see the town and do some grocery shopping. When you first come to Moss, you smell something bad. The smell comes from the paper factory. But I guess if you live there, you get used to it.

Tomorrow we will drive back to Oslo, and the adventure continues.

-Sibilla

No comments:

Post a Comment